Foam Zoo Animals – Walmart in the craft isle
Felt (color of choice)
Colored foam sheets for labeling
1. Lay felt on a flat surface, a work table or so
2. Cut animals in halves – The packet comes with parent and child animals, so I cut two parents and two child of each animal
3. Peel off the tape from the backs of the animals, after they have been cut (photo above)
4. Using the glue gun, attach a parent animal with the child animal beside on the felt (see photo below)
5. Measure and cut labels out of the colored foam sheets. Write animal names. Attach labels underneath animals with glue
6. Here is an idea of how the puzzle pieces work (see photo below). Mix up all the remaining already cut animals. Allow the child to find the corresponding pieces and place them beside the appropriate animals on the felt. . .
or just beneath them on the felt (see the penguins) – Please excuse the extra piece of broken hippo label laying around on the felt (top right).
Here I created another quiet time bin with this project. The animal pieces are kept in a ziploc bag in the bin