These edible necklaces are so fun to make! Make them with your kids for a super fun and edible craft. Your kids will love them!
(This post has been updated on Wednesday August 24, 2022)
Edible necklaces are so fun to make. It’s a fun craft that is great for helping little ones practice their fine motor skills (such as picking things up with their little fingers and threading them). It’s also great for learning hand-eye coordination.
Keep in mind though, that the kids may want to eat the cereal rather than make a necklace:) I don’t blame them. The first time we make these type of necklaces, we used plain cheerios but most of it ended up in my daughter’s mouth. The second time around, I figured I would add extra to the bowl so she can still have some to make the necklace:)
How to Make Edible Necklaces for Kids
What you need:
- 1/4 cup Cheerios, Froot loops (or any kind of round cereal that is shaped like the ones mentioned)
- A string of yarn, long enough to make a necklace
- Pour some cereal in a bowl or on a plate
- Have the child thread the cereal through the string
- Make a loose Knot at the two ends (loose enough to fit over their head and come off)
- Let your child wear their cute creation and eat it when they are ready!
Note: Be sure to check your child’s ages and allergies before letting them play with and eat the cereal on this necklace and also play with the string.
Our Daughter Enjoyed Wearing Her Edible Necklace
Here is our daughter wearing her necklace. It lasted about 5 to 10 minutes before “we” ate the cheerios:) Either way, it was fun to create and it does keep the kids occupied for a while.