Don’t hesitate to make these fun Hot Cocoa Spoons for the Kids. Be sure to add lots of fun colorful sprinkles and let them go to town with these:)
Ah, nothing looks more appealing that a good hot cocoa station during the holidays. Do you agree? Typically, I make a hot drink station during the Fall that includes tea, hot cocoa, and coffee. But at Christmastime we make it more of a hot cocoa station and include more things like hot chocolate spoons, holiday candy & Oreos and of course peppermint EVERTHING!
If you don’t make hot cocoa stations you should give it a try. It’s just a fun little corner you can add to your home during the holidays. You could also make it as a special event just for one evening where your family can drink hot cocoa and eat alllllll the junk:) We do a hot cocoa and snack bar some special evenings but I also like to have a daily setup throughout the season.
Hot Chocolate Spoons Recipe
Hot Cocoa Spoons
- Disposable spoons (I chose white) – You can use red or green but make the chocolate a contrasting color. Note: If you have spoon molds you can use those too instead of disposable spoons.
- White melting chocolate
- Brown melting chocolate
- Or any other color Candy Melts you prefer (Wilton brand has a variety of colors).
- Crushed Peppermint
- Other type colorful toppings
- Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip each spoon in melted chocolate.
- Lay the spoon on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Immediately add Sprinkles, M&Ms or Crushed Peppermint or other topping.
- Continue repeating the steps until you have the amount of chocolate covered spoons you need.
- Let the spoon dry while still on parchment lined baking pan. Enjoy.
These spoons are just so fun to add to any hot cocoa station set-up. Did them in your hot cocoa, or eat the candy off the spoons. Enjoy!
Pin It Here
“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6