At our wedding, part of what made up the table decorations were floating candle centerpieces. I’ve loved the idea of them ever since. The bowls and candles we used all came from Hobby Lobby and the centerpieces were just beautiful! As you can imagine, they are super easy to make. Let me show you how!!
You will need:
- a clear glass bowl(s) or vases of your preferred size or sizes – At our wedding we used some larger ones but here I used these tiny bowls I picked up from Target last year
- tea light candles
- pretty flower petals, real or fake, separated or not separated – Real petals may be even better and may even smell better
Step 1: Add water to a clean glass bowl, leaving 2-3 inches of space from the top. Do this for as many bowls or vases as you wish.
Step 2: Add in some flower petals to each bowl. They should float. Note: If you separate the petals they would float better than non-separated ones. I didn’t separate these – I just use whole fake ones and since my bowls are pretty small, they sank a bit.
Step 4: Light each candle and admire how beautiful they look!! Note: More than one candles can be used in bigger and wider bowls or vases.
Aren’t they gorgeous? I think they look so pretty – you can tell by the many photos I took!!! They would look lovely on any kind of table. Here are some ideas for using them:
- For many small bowls, line them down the center of a dinning table.
- Or corral them on a cake stand (like I did) or on a tray
- For larger bowls, line them down the center of a large dinning table (a smaller table may look too cluttered)
- Or place one in the center of a round breakfast table
- Or add one big centerpiece on each of many tables if you are hosting a party
- Or use them to decorate any space you want to – table top, kitchen island, coffee table (monitoring), etc.
These can easily be customized. Choose the preferred shape of bowls or vases, the color of petals, and even the color of the candles to suit the occasion. Use at home or to decorate the tables at showers, weddings, parties, etc. You can find a holiday version here. Floating candle centerpieces are easy to do and are beautiful to look at.
Have you made something like before? What do you think of using them for parties? I would love to know your thoughts.