Spring and Easter Funfetti Donuts for Kids
Looking for a fun Easter treat to make for your kids? These Easter Funfetti Donuts are a hit and so much fun to make and eat. Our kids enjoyed helping to make them.
Party Food for Kids
Funfetti Donuts make some fun treats as kids birthday party foods or for kids birthday breakfast. Say what????? For one of our girl’s 8 year old birthday, she requested donuts. She got some fun donuts with Sprinkles from Dunkin Donuts. It was a “Frozen 2” (Anna & Elsa) theme party and Dunkin Donuts just happened to have the colorful purple frosting. We added the sprinkles on top. Sprinkles just make everything fun.
Funfetti Donuts Using Dash Mini Donut Maker
These Funfetti donuts are so tasty! Sprinkles are always a hit and simply make everything better. Our Dash Donut Maker has been a fun addition to our kitchen. The best part about the Dash Donut Maker is that it bakes the donuts rather than fries them and you can choose to make your donuts as healthy as you desire. Also, it cooks in minutes and the kids can use it. Our 9 year old helped me make this batch but our 11 year old has used it too. The donuts will be smaller than the regular sized donuts which is great for kids. You can find the Dash Mini Donut Maker on Amazon (Affiliate link) and it comes with a little donut recipe book to get you started.
Easter Funfetti Donuts Recipe (Dash Mini Recipe Book)
- 1-1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 TBSP Unsalted Butter, Melted
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, sprinkles and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the egg, vanilla extract and butter in a separate bowl. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined.
- Scoop batter into 1 gallon plastic bag and seal partway. Snip off 1/8″ from the corner of the bag. Add batter to donut molds until about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 1-1/2 minutes. Using a toothpick, flip donuts and bake for another 4 minutes.
Thick Vanilla Glaze (Adjusted from Dash Mini)
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar (I used 1 Cup)
- 2-1/2TBSP Heavy Cream (I used 3-4 TBSP)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla (I omitted))
- Spread over donuts, then top with sprinkles.
You too can make these fun Funfetti Donuts for your little ones. Get the Dash Mini Donut Maker to make it easier and healthier. Would love to know if you try the Easter Funfetti Donuts in the comments below.
Save This Post and Share with Your Friends:)
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27).