Creamy, chunky, pretty, and delicious are my words for describing these Valentine’s Chocolate Heart Fudge goodies! They will make a sweet little treat for any Valentines!!! This post was updated February 10, 2021 to add clearer photos.
Two ingredient fudge are my favorite to make. (Do we say fudges with an “s”? Blame it on Webster OK. I had to look it up). I know the title says three ingredients (but, hey the heart shape candy and sprinkles are just an add-ins)! Growing up, my mom made lots and lots of fudge, not sure if that was a good thing or not. But we sure enjoyed it. But although mom liked making fudge, she always made them using a loooong process – add milk, coconut, sugar, cook some, beat some by hand, cool, cut………You get the gist. I never knew otherwise.
So a couple years ago, at Christmas time actually, I was watching the Rachael Ray show and found out that there are easier ways to make fudge…. LOL! I also stumbled upon a cookbook with simpler fudge recipes, too. So, since those discoveries, I have been creating two ingredient fudge and adding mix-ins according to the season of the year. It has been a while though, since I made fudge, at least a year. But we did purchase some in the Fall during our annual apple picking trip at an orchard. They’ve got some good fudge in one of the little shops on the farm. So yummy!
The other day, when I told the girls I was going to make fudge, they acted like they had already forgotten what a fudge was. Good thing, because we don’t want to overload them with too much sweet. These slices here are huge, but they could be cut smaller for the kids.
Anyways, enough with my ramblings…unto the fudge recipe. Doesn’t it look delish?! You know it!!! These Valentine inspired fudge (s) are just a great little sweet treat. They have a creamy taste without being too soft – the consistency is just perfect!!!! For just a few ingredients and less than 5 minutes of prep and cook, you really are going to love them! I love how all the Valentine colors go together. So vibrant and pretty!!!
Three Ingredient Creamy Valentine’s Heart Fudge
- 1 pk white baking chocolate chips
- 1/2 a 14 oz can sweetened condense milk (the whole can makes it too soft)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Heart shaped chocolate pieces
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Line a (8×8) square baking pan with wax paper or aluminum foil.
- Grease with butter or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Grease a large saucepan with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour chocolate chips and milk in saucepan and melt over very low heat. Make sure the heat is very low to prevent browning. Remove from heat and add optional vanilla and sprinkles.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove from heat and stir in vanilla (optional).
- Pour mixture in lined baking pan and quickly smooth out evenly.
- Immediately add heart shaped chocolate pieces, about 1 inch apart from each other. Sprinkle with extra sprinkles, if using.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden about 30 minutes. (The longer it’s in the fridge, the firmer it will become).
- To cut, remove fudge from the refrigerator and slice between the hearts.
- If the fudge is too hard to cut, let it thaw until able to slice through easily. It will not get soggy; it will hold the perfect shape as shown in the photos.
- Store any uneaten fudge in the fridge.
- Makes about 8 large fudge. Or double the amount if smaller sized pieces of chocolate are used.
Pin This Post
Do you like making fudge? Do you use a two-ingredient version or do you make them using the long way? Please share your thoughts in the comments!!