Bagel Pizzas is a fun and creative way to serve pizzas for school lunches! This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Why Make Bagel Pizza?
Do your kids love bagels and pizza? I probably shouldn’t ask about the pizza because what kid doesn’t?:)
- Combining those two and making bagel pizzas is a great way to change things up.
- It’s super easy.
- Also, it’s a fun way for little hands to eat a pizza.
I first started making Bagel Pizzas a few years ago. The first time I made some they were a hit with the kids. Well, my friends, that’s all the motivation I needed. Bagel pizzas became an occasional treat at our house. Now I don’t make them as much anymore because 1 – too many pizzas and 2 – I tend to forget. But during the school year, these are an easy freezer-make-ahead food that can be packed for school lunches.
Homemade Bagel Pizzas
What you need:
- Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (or a mix of Mozzarella and Cheddar)
- Pepperoni (optional or whatever meat your child likes on a pizza)
- Dried, crushed Italian seasoning or basil (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Split bagels in halves
- Spread each half with pizza sauce
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Add pepperoni or other meat
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
You can freeze the pizzas by placing them in a freezer bag or Pyrex and saving them for later. When it’s time to serve, remove them from the freezer and heat them for 30-40 seconds (more if needed) in the Microwave or in the oven about 7 mins.
Packing Bagel Pizza for Lunch
Pin This Image
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27).