When they tell you your kids grow fast, believe them. I cannot believe our first girl, Lord Willing, will be turning 8!!!
1. Clothes – I love giving clothing gifts to the kids because I know it’s practical and something they can use always. The kids love being surprised with a new piece of clothing.
2. Necklace and Fashion Bag – One of our kids is going to be 8 I think she’ll love a beautiful necklace. She already loves them and also loves playing travel by filling a bag of stuff and pretending to go to hotels with her brother and sister. I think all little girls love purses!!!
3. Collection of Good Books – In this day of electronics it is even more imperative that we encourage our kids to read.
4. Craft Kit – From around age 5, girls seem to get really into creating things. They can usually take nothing and make something from it. Encourage your kids creativity by giving them a creative craft kit. These are some fun ideas below.
Slime Kit – Because what kids (of age) is not into slime these days? So fun! It’s should be easy for kids to make their own with this fun kit!
5. Art and drawing – Another great gift idea is an art set or drawing set. Our almost 6 and almost 8 year old girls love to draw and use all kinds of markers and coloring tools to bring their art to life.
7. Games – Games are fun for kids. I remember playing with wood blogs and trying to get them not to fall. I think the kids would love it!!
8. Camera – What little kids don’t love copying their parents to take photos? They may not always like to stand still for a photo but they sure love to play with cameras (whether real or pretend).
9. Mermaid Tail Blankets – Little girls seem to be very much into anything mermaid. These would be fun for kids to cozy up in on a chilly winter day or just whenever they feel like being mermaids:)
10. Scooter and helmet – Now that the kids have mastered the art of riding a bike, they may like to try riding a scooter. Our kids have them and love them!
Gift Cards: A gift card to a favorite store or activity would be appreciated by kids that age. They get to pick what they want from the store or they get to go do something they love. They’ll remember the experience more than anything else.
Class: Have your kid being wanting to develop a talent? Why not make it a gift by signing them up for a class they’ve been wanting to take (gymnastics, swim, ballet, music, paint and Art Class, etc)? They’ll be so surprised and would love receiving that class as a gift!!
Collectibles – We all have things we love to collect, whether they make sense to others or not. Your child may be happy to have some of her favorite items added to her collection.
Well, I hope these gave you some ideas of what to get for your girls around 6 to 8 years old. Pick the ones that is more suitable according to their age.