Welcome Spring! To bring in some Spring into our home, I had the kids paint flower pots and plant little flowers in them. They are so happy with their creations. We bought flower seeds to plant in them but every time we’re out, we’re never in the correct store to find plant feed (or maybe we just haven’t checked enough). And then we simply forget about them until we’re back from another trip. Hopefully, we can fill them with pretty flowers whether by planting or repotting or maybe even doing some herbs.
What you need:
- Small Terra Cotta Pots
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Paper Plates or Paint
- Plastic Table Cover
- Cup of Water, Rag
- Seeds, plant food or already budding plants
What to do:
- Protect the table with plastic table cover.
- Have the kids choose their favorite Spring paint colors and add to paper plate (help where needed).
- Have the kids paint the pots in their own designs.
- Let them dry.
- Use the cup of water to rinse off dirty brushes and the rag to dry them during uses.
- The pots dry pretty quickly. When ready, have the kids plant seeds in them or transfer already budding plants to the pots.
I don’t know if you’ve been by the blog before but this little cutie has grown up. She used to show up pretty regularly in the early days of this blog when she was around 2 and a few years more along with her added siblings. Seasons and things have changed (with school included) so we don’t do as much crafts as in prior days. That’s understandable but I just can’t believe how much she has already grown!!
I really love how the kids customized them with whatever colors and designs they wanted – black and all. Our littlest couldn’t care less about Spring colours. He simply wanted his favorite coluors, black and blue. So that’s exactly what we did because I wanted him to enjoy and be happy with the outcome!!
Pin it for Later
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27)