These dried cinnamon orange slices smell wonderful during baking and will add a touch of holiday to your home!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Line a baking sheet large enough to hold orange slices with parchment
- Slice oranges thinly
- Lay slices on baking sheet
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon
- Sprinkle in a handful of cranberries throughout
- Bake in preheated oven for 3-4 hours (I checked after 2 hours and baked another 1:45)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Cut a long piece of jute twine
- Find the center of each dried orange slice and thread the twine through
It should look like this. The cranberries wouldn’t be as dried as the oranges but they do add to the wonderful aroma during baking.
Finding the center of each orange slice for threading
I added some cinnamon sticks and green spruce from the backyard to make it look extra holiday-ish. Isn’t it so pretty? I think it is.
Pin It Here
Have you ever dried oranges before? How did they turn out? Did you add other flavours? Share your ideas in the comments.