Add a touch of Fall to your home with these top 15 best fall decor ideas for your home! This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Decorating for Fall
I used to love decorating for Fall. I really did. But to be honest, I don’t have much Fall decor this year and I don’t plan to buy much. Maybe it’s because of everything going on. Even my Fall decor bin looks rather scant (I’m talking the regular sized Sterilite plastic storage bins, not the large ones). I’m OK with it.
When we moved across country last, year, I got rid of some of my Fall decorating items and thought it would be easier to re-buy. But then I realized that re-buying the same items isn’t always easy – sometimes you can’t find the exact and can’t find something you love better at a reasonable cost. So I picked up a few items last Fall but they just don’t have the same feel as my previous Fall decor.
Minimal Fall Decor
In any event, my Fall bin this year didn’t have much to call “Fall decor”. The few items were faux pumpkins, a garland, two wreaths that took up most of the space and a couple other items. In the Spring, I had decluttered any little extra leaves and what-not’s that seemed random. A huge part of me was thrilled and relieved when I saw the bin – NO big Fall bins to drag out tell myself that I HAVE to use all the decor there-in. I guess I’d forgotten how little stuff was in there. I had to look through other bins to make sure there were nothing else some place else. Nothing Else!
Fall Decor That Provides Warmth, Texture & Coziness
That lead me to think of what makes our home the most cozy, warm and provide texture during the Fall. These items don’t usually come in the form of a bunch of junk or nick-nacks. You don’t need to go overboard and buy all of these listed if you don’t have them on hand. Just a touch of something in a room or two will do!! They are more practical and you may already have most of them in your home.
Thought I’d rather share these with you than the typical bunch of added nick-nacks all over the place. While those may be fun to look at, I’m just not feeling it this time. I simply switched out a few Spring colored items and replaced them with something more warming and Fall-ish this year but the items from the list below stuff is what will really make your home like Fall.
15 Best Fall Decor Ideas for Your Home
1.A Fall Wreath – Adding a Fall wreath to your home is an easy way to welcome Fall. Places like the front door, the mantle, over the kitchen window, or another wreath hanging, etc. are great places to hang a decorative Fall wreath.
2. Fall Flowers (faux foliage) – Fall foliage may be one of the easiest Fall decor ever. Place some Fall colored flowers in any room of your home or corner of your home. You can use fake of real. Just grab the real from a tree at your home or some other place where you are allowed to grab a branch or two. Place them in vases around your home. There are so many different shades to choose from, too.
4. Pillows Covers – I love switching out my throw pillow covers in the Fall. I once invested in a few plain white throw pillow inserts. I simply switch the pillow covers to whatever color I want as the season changes. If you have some covers on hand or just the pillow itself in whatever shade of color add some to your couches, a basket, or some other pillow area. BTW: Your blankets, throws and throw pillows don’t have to be confined to the inside of your home. Take some to your porch (if you have one) or use around your fire pit for a S’mores night or something like that.
5. Rugs – I like to bring out all the rugs during the Fall – small rug, big rug, medium rugs! Rugs will add instant texture, warmth and decor to your home. Got cold floors? Use a rug. Got a chair that could use a little beatifying? Use a small throw rug. Got a dining room that needs something under your feet while you eat dinner? Add a medium rug to your space. You’ll enjoy the warmth as well as the texture and decor they bring to your home.
6. Candles – OK, so while I use essential oils and don’t burn candles like I used to, I love the decorating aspect of candles. I just love how cozy they make a space look especially during the Fall and winter. Seeing all the colors and names on the candles on the market truly makes me want to buy a few. But I try to hold back, especially if they are not 100% soy. It’s a struggle. So I use tall Taper candles on the mantle but don’t light them. And . . . . I have bought battery operated candles just for that glow:)
7. Lanterns – Lanterns could be used both inside and outside on the porch. I love the ones with battery operated candles inside. But you can add your own candles to empty lanterns or fill them with tiny pumpkins for an added tough of Fall.
8. Wood – Whether you own a fireplace or not, having some firewood somewhere in your home during the fall will add some texture to your space. Some areas you may consider – the living room, family room, entryway, porch, library if you have one in your home, etc. Use a wire rack, basket, tin can or other firewood holder to hold the wood.
Wooden trays, bowls or bread bowls will also bring in some texture. They look great on the dining table or kitchen counter with Harvest type veggies or fruit.
9. Pumpkins – Just a pumpkin or two would totally bring on the Fall in your home. Pumpkins both fake or real will do. You don’t need to go overboard; at least it’s what I try to tell myself.
10. Copper & Bronze Items – Copper pots, pans, measuring cups and spoons, drinking mugs, etc., are all great for adding some warmth to your home during the Fall. Display some next to your stove-top or so for that added touch.
12. Cloth/Fabric Napkins – Simply placing some Fall-colored fabric napkins on your dining table can make it look like Fall. I bought a new set from Home Goods that I’m excited to try.
13. A Garland – Garlands are so whimsy. You can literally run one anywhere in your home for added whimsy to your home, especially if you have smaller children. Our kids love garlands and I guess I love them too. We tend to have one on-hand for the seasons.
14. Mums – Well, mums make every porch pretty, don’t they? I’ve never grown them but I tend to buy some during the Fall. I love decorating my porch with mums and pumpkins during the Fall. Catch last year’s Fall porch here. I don’t plan to do anything much or that different. In fact, I’m think of less pumpkins and I’m not quite sure yet about the mums.
15. Lights – Nothing says Fall like twinkle lights, right? I love the glow of the lights amongst the Fall colors, especially in the evenings. Outdoor string lights are just cool. I don’t have some because I don’t we have the outlets. But I did pit up some twinkle lights in the kitchen late last Fall and I think I want to add some again or somewhere else in the house (earlier).
Shop The Post Here (affiliate links)
Click each of these following little images to shop your favorites
I hope these ideas will get you started if you want to bring in decor with warmth and coziness rather than the usual “what-nots.”
Pin It Here
She looketh well to the ways of her household and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27).