Make these Christmas Rice Crispy Treats for your kiddos for a fun twist on a classic treat.
Rice Crispy Treats for a Crowd
Rice Crispy Treats are such fun and easy treats for any occasion. They are easy to customize with colors, toppings, and shapes for literally any holiday or occasion. Rice Crispy Treats are also great for large groups of kids. You can make them for birthday parties, class parties, get togethers, etc. Only three main ingredients and you can have a crowd-pleaser easy treat on your hands. Any other ingredients are add-ins.
How to Customize Rice Crispy Treats
Customize your Rice Crispy teats with these ideas below:
- Valentine’s, you’ve got pink hearts with a little food coloring and heart-shaped cookie cutters.
- 4th of July? You’ve got blue, red, or white stars or white treats with colorful drizzle and even Patriotic sprinkles.
- Bring on the pastels.
- A birthday party? Use coordinating colors according to the birthday theme.
- You can also add in any fun ingredients into the treats such as Sprinkles & M&Ms, etc. or change the type of cereal for a fun twist.
See how customizable Rice Crispy Treats can be? Let’s get to making some Christmas Rice Crispy Treats for your little ones this holiday.
How to Make These Christmas Tree Rice Crispy Treats
What you need:
- 6 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- 1 16-oz Bag Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Green Food Coloring (I used the gel – it gives a very vibrant color)
- Icing Drizzle
- Christmas Color Sprinkles
- Line a large baking pan with parchment paper; Gently spray with cooking spray and set aside
- Using a large pot, melt butter on low heat.
- Add food coloring, then stir. Stir in vanilla.
- Add marshmallow and to mixture, stirring gently until melted.
- Turn off the heat. Immediately add the rice Crispies.
- Stir gently until mixed and Crispies are green.
- Spread mixture unto the prepared baking pan; allow to cool.
- Once cooled, use a Christmas Tree Shaped cookie cutter to make some shapes.
- Pour drizzle over Rice Crispies (See drizzle recipe below)
- Add fun sprinkles
Note: Be sure to allow Rice Crispies to cool a bit before cutting. If you cut them to early, they will fall apart.
Make the Drizzle – Mix Together
- 1-1/2 Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
Pin these Christmas Rice Crispies Here
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
Leave a Reply