Make this super easy, delicious and healthy pumpkin granola mix for your family this Fall with my recipe and video tutorial below.
Pumpkin Granola Mix
I had so much fun making this Pumpkin Granola but.. . I’m having more fun eating it! It’s homemade, healthy, not very crunchy, the colors and beautiful and it brings out all the Autumn feels! But seriously, if you enjoy pumpkin and granola I think you’ll love this mix.
Our family is not big on store-bought granola as they can tend to be a bit too crunchy to our liking so I like to make my own. I usually make a basic Granola mixture that the kids enjoy. Only a few of us enjoy Pumpkin in our mix so I usually have to make two-three different batches in the Fall so that everyone can enjoy a taste they love!
You can find my Basic Granola Recipe here and another Fall recipe here (not pumpkin). I’ve frequently make Pumpkin Granola during the Fall but don’t seem to be able to get around to sharing them on the blog. This year, I intentionally set aside some time to make it, take photos, & even make a video to share with you:)
Basic Fall Granola Add-Ins
Whenever I make a Fall Granola mix, these are some of my basic ingredients and mix-ins to include to make it well, . . . like Fall – Maple Syrup, Dried Cranberries, Nuts such as Pecans or Walnuts, CINNAMON (don’t forget the Cinnamon), and a hint of nutmeg. For Pumpkin Granola I add Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix or I create my own mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and clove. As an additional way of making the colors even more like Fall, I will add some green sesame seeds.
Topping Ideas for Granola
Right now as I’m looking at the images here while typing, I imagine eating one big bowl! Here are some ideas for eating your granola.
- Over yogurt
- Over Oatmeal
- In Cereal
- With Milk (Add Granola to a bowl, pour milk over)
- By Itself (it taste good on it’s own)
- Give as a gift by adding into an 8oz or 4oz Mason Jars tied with pretty ribbons
You’ve got to make it! Watch the following video to see how I make it plus find the recipe below for this Pumpkin Granola Recipe Below.
Pumpkin Granola Video
Healthy Pumpkin Granola Mix
- 3 cups Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup 100 % Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 2 TBSP Sesame Seeds
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a cookie/baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Pour oats in a large bowl. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, & ginger. Stir just until combined, then set aside.
- In a small saucepan, pour in coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Heat on very low until the oil has melted.
- Remove mixture from heat. Stir in the pumpkin.
- Pour coconut oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until mixture looks combined.
- Spread granola mix on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle pecans, walnuts and seeds over granola.
- Bake 300 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven – stir. Put back into the oven and bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove baked granola from oven. Stir in cranberries. Add a little extra sesame seeds if desired.
- Let granola cool. Enjoy!
Pin This Image
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27).