Fall is the perfect time to collect all the things in nature to create a Fall Sensory Activity bin for your little ones to play.
Nature Walks With the Kids
Fall is such a great time to collect nature’s bounty – Leaves, Pine Cones, Acorns, Sticks, you name it. Fall makes it perfect to collect things in nature to bring into your home. The kids and I enjoy taking chilly walks or bike rides, enjoying the beautiful scenery & taking photos (me) while collecting all the things we see. They are nature’s little blessings and I’m happy we can enjoy the simple things that God has placed before us.
Fall Sensory Activity Bin for Kids
If you have smaller kids at home, try using some of your collection to create a fall sensory activity bin for them to enjoy. They’ll enjoying touching and feeling the crunchy leaves and creating imaginative play with the bin.
- Fall Colored Rice (see the video below)
- Fall leaves (newly fallen or dried is ok)
- Pine Cones
- Pumpkins (I used small pumpkins)
- Cinnamon Sticks (I used some from the pantry)
- Scoops, bowls, measuring cups and spoons, fall cookie cutters, sand castle or molding toys, etc.
What to do:
- Put the rice in the bin.
- Add the leaves, acorns, pine cones, pumpkins, cinnamon sticks (in any order).
- Place some of spoons, measuring cups, cookie cutters, sand castle or molding toys, etc. in the bin.
Note: You can leave the rest of the bowls, scoops, etc. next to the play area so the kids can choose to use whichever extra ones they want to use.
Watch it Come Together
So what are you waiting for? You now have everything listed for you to create a Fall Sensory Bin for your little ones. Go grab some of nature’s goodness and get to creating!!
Pin This Image
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27).