These Peppermint Kiss Cookies or Peppermint Blossoms are pretty and fun to make and will make a wonderful and tasty treat for the holidays!
Peppermint Kiss Cookie Recipe – Peppermint Blossoms
These Peppermint Blossoms are soft, chunky, peppermint-y and oh so good and would make a tasty holiday treat for peppermint fans. Making them is very easy. The longest wait-time is the dough (see recipe for details). Once the cookies are ready, they’ll be a hit with your family!
Holiday Baking with Kids
The girls and I made these a couple of Christmases ago. They turned out so well, it was like eating Christmas cookies (see what I did there)? I don’t remember that we got around to making them last year. When I brought up making them to share on the blog, the kids were excited, especially one of the little girls who just love these.
Baking with children can seem daunting, but if you set it up in a certain way and let them know the expectations, it can go smoothly. OK, maybe not but I do enjoy baking with my children. It’s very fun to bake Christmas cookies or other goodies during the holidays. Kids are most likely to try what they made.
Peppermint Blossoms as a Christmas Gift
Christmas cookies make good Christmas gifts. My husband has gotten several through work companies and it’s always fun to receive and try out those little treats. I bet these Peppermint Kiss Cookies would be a lovely gift to give and to receive.
Christmas Cookie Exchange or Christmas Party
Having a cookie exchange with friends, family, at work or for some other reason? Add these Peppermint Kiss Cookies to your list. One batch of cookies goes a long way. Take them to a Christmas party if you need to bring in goodies and they’ll not disappoint!
Peppermint Kiss Blossoms Recipe
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Cane Sugar (or White)
- 2 Sticks Butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1 Bag Hersey’s Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- Note: You could substitute the 1 tsp Vanilla for another 1/2 tsp Peppermint (1 tsp Peppermint Extract total)
- In a large bowl, add softened butter, sugar, and extracts. Mix with a mixer (I used a handheld mixer). Beat in egg. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Pour flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix to combine (mixture will be crumbled).
- Use hands to gather mixture into a dough.
- Cover dough and place in the fridge about an hour.
- Remove dough from fridge. Let sit about 10 minutes to soften a little for easier shaping.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unwrap Kiss Cookies and set aside.
- Once dough is easy to handle, scoop out small portions and shape into balls.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake 7 mins.
- Remove cookies from oven and add a kiss in the middle of each one.
- I’m telling you, just go ahead and eat a few. Don’t bother waiting for the cool down:)
These Peppermint Kiss Cookies were fun to make and will bake a wonderful addition to holiday treats!
Pin It Here