These rainbow crayons are so fun to make – I think your kids would love making them.
How to Make Rainbow Crayons
What you need:
- Pieces of broken crayons (break new ones if you don’t have old ones)
- Silicone molds (heat safe)
- Or A muffin tin lined with cupcake liners
What to do:
- Remove wrapper from crayons. Tip: If you place crayons in a bowl of water overnight or so the wrappers will be easier to remove.
- Place the crayons in the molds or muffin tin cups, using mix and match colors.
- Heat oven at 200 – 250 Degrees.
- Place muffin tin or silicone molds with crayons in the oven.
- Crayons will slowly melt as they are heated.
- Remove pan or molds from heat and allow the crayons to firm up again.
- Once they’re cool, take them out of their molds.
How cute are they? We even added glitter to a couple of them to see how they would turn out.
The children can try to color with these crayons or they you can display them in a clear jar.
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27)
Leave a Reply