Learn to take care of yourselves with these 10 Self-care ideas for moms. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Hey moms, yes, you mamma. I’m talking to you. I know you are busy but do you take care of your self even in the smallest ways? I’m not taking about going on a vacation or some other gigantic once in a while action. I’m speaking about your everyday routine. Our bodies are the temples of God and therefore belong (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) and I know there’s probably more to the verse than what is usually interpreted. But we can do the best we can to take care of ourselves.
10 Self-Care Ideas for Moms
1. Shower – I often hear moms talk about not having a shower for days on end like it is supposed to be something funny. Come on moms, I think grabbing a 5 minute shower at some point of the day is do-able? Don’t you agree? You make time for everything else. If you are in the stage of a new born, why not grab a shower real quick while he or she is napping? Don’t run to clean or cook or even nap first. Grab that shower you have been meaning to take for 5 days now. You can nap or cook or straighten out your house, or whatever you desired to do after your shower. Your body will feel more motivated to move on for the day plus you’ll look and feel much better. Make time for your shower, even it is for 3 minutes. Hey, a 2 minute shower is better than no shower right?
2. Clean your face – Don’t just splash some water on your face & call it washed, take time to thoroughly clean it. You may find things like dirt, grease, black-heads, etc. on your skin that you will need to clean off. Don’t keep hiding things beyond the make-up – put a little effort into cleaning.
3. *Don’t skip meals (important) – Eating the proper foods will help you get the proper nutrients your body needs to thrive and function. It will also fuel your energy so that you give off your best.
4. Eat the proper servings of Fruits & Vegetables – No other food is more natural than fruits and veggies that God created for our diets. Don’t skip those essentials. I grew up eating fruits pretty much on the daily as a snack. Vegetables were always part of my diet (sometimes that included breakfast, too).
5. Eat 3-4 Salads a Week – I admit, I do fail at this one. But salads have a natural way of helping to clean your system from junk. So eat more if you can.
6. Take good vitamins – Along with eating the right roods and salads, try taking some essential vitamins such as Vitamin C, Vitamin D, & Zinc. They’re immune system boosters. There are so many others out there for different purposes. Try finding the ones that your body needs. The sun is a natural way to get Vitamin D. Taking a small walk around the neighborhood or going to the park with the kids on sunny days can help with this. Oranges are great Vitamin C foods. Try drinking 100% orange juice to help cut out some of the unwanted sugars.
7. *Drink enough water (important) – I understand that water isn’t always the most desirable drink for many. But it is the most natural drink on the planet that does good for your body. It helps to cleanse your system and heal. Tip: Fill a large water bottle and put it in the room you’re in most of the day. Drink from it throughout the day. When it is finished, fill it up again and do the same. It’s a great way to help you remember to drink your daily cups of water.
8. Exercise – Exercising doesn’t necessarily mean going to the gym or putting on work-out videos. Walking, running, dancing are great forms of exercise too. Here are some other ideas for your moms: jump on your kids trampoline with them, chase them around house, play soccer or basketball in your yard with them, etc. Just do whatever you need to to get your body moving.
9. Get enough sleep – Getting enough sleep is a great way to revive your energy and help you give out your best. Ever cranky before your coffee in the mornings or snapping at others when you don’t get enough sleep? Yes, so I thought. As tempting as it may be to want to stay up late at nights to do all the things you couldn’t get to during the day (like I’m doing right now with blogging), try to go to bed at a reasonable time. You’ll feel less tired, less cranky, happier, and most of all you’ll have more energy. Your body also needs this time to help replenish cells.
10. Make time for a hobby – Doing something you love is a great way to relax your mind (so I have found). How you feel mentally affects you emotionally and physically too. So try taking up a small hobby such as baking, reading, sewing, frosting cakes, etc., are all great ideas hobbies.
Do you need some help remembering what you need to do to take care of yourself? This pretty Self-Care printable can help you with that. It’s easy to download, print and use immediately. Get it here.
Get a Pretty Self-Care Printable
How To Make Time for Yourself as a Mom
There are a ton of ways you can take care of yourself. But hopefully, this post on 10 Self-Care ideas for moms can get you started. If you say to yourself, that you just can’t find the time to do so. Read my post on Making Time for Yourself here. You’ll get 6 great ideas of how you can find time to do so.
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27).
Leave a Reply