Keep your floors clean with this All-Natural Homemade Mopping Solution
This homemade mopping solution is so easy and so frugal that you would probably want to make it all the time. The recipe makes a gallon and is great for cleaning floors. I use an empty gallon-sized vinegar bottle to store it but it could also be stored in empty milk jugs or any other gallon-sized bottles.
Have you ever quickly wiped up your floors with just water rather than getting out cleaning solution and going through the whole mopping process? On days when you want something quick (or not quick) you can use this as a substitute for just plain water. It has a bit more ingredients in it to help get floors even cleaner and smelling good too. I may not always like to mop but I’m always pleased with the result.
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of Dawn dish soap
- Empty gallon-sized milk jug
What to do:
- Place vinegar and dish soap in the jug.
- Shake well.
- Fill the jug with water until it’s almost to top, leaving a few inches of space.
- Cover tightly and store.
- Shake well before using.
- To spot clean: Pour a cup in a small cleaning container and use with a rag to spot clean floors.
- To mop: Pour a few cups of the solution into a mop bucket. Use it to mop the floors.
What do you think? Do you think you could save a few pennies by making your own mopping solution for your floors?
View Other Natural Home Cleaning Posts
Baking Soda Cleaner and Deodorizer
Leave a Reply