Save money by trying this homemade pumpkin spice latte at home
If you are into pumpkin spice and everything nice, you’ll probably enjoy this homemade latte. You can make it any time and save a ton of money and time instead of going to buy some each time you feel like having it.
It’s fast and easy and you can customize it to how you like. I usually add 2 Tablespoons pumpkin per each cup of latte and sometimes 3 if I want it to be a tad more “pumpkin-y”. Adding more pumpkin would also make the drink thicker so keep that in mind depending on what you prefer.
Also, you can choose whichever cream you prefer depending on your diet and what you love – whole milk, almond milk, half and half or a combination of some. Here I used lactose-free half and half but I’ve used a combination of whole mink and regular half and half before.
This may sound old fashioned but it the latte turns out a little too thick (accidentally over boil or too much pumpkin) you can use a strainer to get the tiny pieces out before drinking.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 Cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 Cup milk (see variations below)
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons 100% pure crushed pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (see mixture below)
- Topping: Whipped cream (regular or coconut)/extra pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, honey, pumpkin and pumpkin spice over low heat.
- Stir until pumpkin has melted and everything is combined and heated through. Do not over boil as the pumpkin will get thicker the more it boils.
- Pour in the coffee and stir to combine or you can also have the coffee ready in a mug and pour this pumpkin mixture into it. Stir gently to combine.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice or cinnamon.
- Milk – any kind of creamer should work for your drink (Almond, Whole, Half and Half, 1/4 cup Whole milk with 1/4 cup half and half, etc.)
- Pumpkin Spice Recipe: You can make your own pumpkin spice recipe if you don’t already have the mixture (use 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/8 tsp all-spice)
- Sweetener – any kind you prefer
Adding a little bit of whipped cream really tops it off. Enjoy your homemade latte while you make a to-do list, or while relaxing after a hectic morning, on the porch on a cool morning, or just whenever it suits you best:)
Pin It Here
What’s one of your favorite Fall drinks to keep you warm or just to enjoy? Would love to know in the comments!