Last year, I threw out the idea about discussing more home decor topics here on the blog. You, my readers, loved the idea just as much as I did. Not that I had never done any home decorating posts on the blog. I’ve always shared home tours decor and organizing projects from around the home. But I wanted to do more and you gave me motivation from your encouraging words. As I opened up our home some more, I realized four things:
- they seemed to be well received (keep in mind that my decor posts are just regular everday normal home – not perfectly designed and staged)
- they really helped me to narrow my niche some
- I got more exposure and greater opportunities to work with brands
- I love these types of posts!!
With these in mind, I thought it would be fun to have a look back at the top posts and personal favorites of the past year.
For the top posts, I have to admit that some of them were rather surprising! Meaning, there are a few of them on the list that I did not think would amount to anything. The photos are terrible and the posts themselves look like they need editing. That first one for example has more views this year than any other ones. Not really sure how it made it to the top of the list with more views but I guess it did. Anyway, here are the ones with the top views for 2016. I wrote them in the order of most views to least views (not by month). Hope you find a post that interests you.
2. Bathroom Makeover (ORC series)
4. Summer Dinning Room 5. Coastal Master Bedroom 6. Simply Seasonal: Five Simple Christmas Decorating Ideas 7. Painted Terra Cotta Clay Pots 8. Merry and Bright Holiday Home Tour9. Holiday Entertaining Made Easy 10. 8 Weeks to a Decluttered Home Checklist
Here are a few of my personal favorites (there were so many to choose from):
If you are a blogger, have you looked back at which of your posts did well this year? Were you surprised by the ones that made it to the top.
Also, I would love it if you took a minute to answer a few questions from the survey below. This is a way to help me know what posts you are still interested in and to help me improve this blog. Thanks.