Face soap is something I am very particular about because after all, I do not want to use a product that would be so harsh that it does more harm than good. Sometimes it takes me two or three different trips to the store to ensure that I chose the right soap. I have always used store bought face soap and still have some. But I wanted to try making honey face wash since it is a very natural face product and contains some nourishing ingredients.
Here is a little information of how each ingredient works in this recipe.
- Dr. Bronner’s castile soap is an All-natural soap that’s made with various scents: lavender, tea-tree, peppermint, citrus orange, eucalyptus, unscented (baby mild), etc. It is made of 18- in-one hemp and can be used to clean the home and the body. Currently, I have the baby mild and lavender but you can choose your favorite scents. You can follow this link to see the various kinds of Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap available.
- Natural Honey is a very soothing ingredient. Try using raw honey if you can. Trust me, it is the real deal!
- Coconut oil soothes, heals, & moisturizes, the skin. See my post here on some of the many uses of coconut oil.
- Lavender essential oil is used to sooth skin ailments such as burns and rashes.
- Peppermint essential oil refreshes the skin.
- 1/2 cup Dr. Bronner’s liquid castile soap (Lavender or Baby Mild)
- 1/3 cup all-natural honey
- 1/3 cup distilled water plus up to 2 cups more
- Essential oils (I used lavender and peppermint) But you can choose just one
- Soap dispenser (12 oz to 16 oz)
- Pour 1/3 cup distilled water into soap dispenser
- Add in the honey and soap.
- Mix well.
- Pour in a few drops of essential oil (about 10).
- Add more distilled water to fill the soap dispenser leaving about 1/2 inch space to the top.
- Use as you would any other face wash. Shake well between uses.
I have been using this face wash for a few days now and it really is a mild soap that leaves my face feeling so clean. Then I would moisturize with a small bit of the homemade body lotion I made for the kids. It is gentle enough to use on the face.
Do you use any kind of face wash that is made with honey, store bought or homemade? I would love to know in the comments!
This post contains affiliate links which means I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase using any of these links. Thanks!
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27, KJV).