I love all the beauty DIYs I have been experimenting with lately. No, I have not totally converted over to all-natural beauty products. But I have been experimenting with my own to see what the results would be. Truly, these all-natural products make the skin feel so clean without any kind of harsh chemicals.
Fine lines, wrinkles, and puffiness tend to make their way under the eyes. Having a good eye cream is essential to help eliminate some of these problems. Recently, I tried making my own eye cream with some very good all-natural oils that are potentially great for reducing lines and wrinkles and for nourishing and moisturizing that area.
Here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in this easy recipe.
- Vitamin E oil smooths and softens rough dry skin and may reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Avocado oil helps with skin elasticity and is very soothing for cracked dry skin. It can also be used as a hair moisturizer.
- Sweet almond oil is nourishing and moisturizing for the skin.
- Coconut oil soothes, heals, moisturizes, and has many great benefits for the skin. See my post here.
- Lavender essential oil is used to sooth skin ailments such as burns and rashes.
After doing a quick research on homemade eye cream, there seemed to be a general consensus on the oils that were used. Some recipes may have included only two or three oils. For example, some may have used Vitamin E and coconut oils. While others used Vitamin E and sweet almond oil or avocado oil. Or Vitamin E, sweet almond, and a type of essential oil. Usually a milder one like lavender.
Over all, Vitamin E seemed to be the most needed oil in each recipe as it is known to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. I decided to try my hand at it and included a round up of five of the best oils!
All it takes is a quick mix of all the oils mentioned in the recipe card below. Pour it into a small cosmetic container and let it firm up in the refrigerator (optional). Removing it from the refrigerator will return it to a liquid state. Either way is fine; you choose how you prefer to use it.
I have made this over two weeks and I am enjoying using it. The scent is very mild and the oils are very gentle on the skin. Here is the quick and easy recipe I used.
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- Mix the ingredients together in a small jar.
- Store in the refrigerator if you want it to be firm.
- If stored in the bathroom it will remain in liquid form.
Have you tried any kind of homemade eye cream remedy before? I would love to know in the comments!
This posts contains affiliate links which means I receive a small compensation if you make a purchase using any of these links. Thanks!
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27, KJV).