When we had our first little baby girl, people always commented on how fast kids grow. I could not imagine how possible that could be – after all she probably was just about two weeks old at the time. Let me tell you, it is no joke! They really grow fast. Now she is already almost five years old with two other little ones to call her siblings! You’ve seen our new addition to the family at the very end of last year. I cannot believe he is already ten months old. And boy is he active!
A few weeks ago, my husband commented how much he is beginning to look more like a “little boy”. Well, he is a little boy but he is not so much looking like a little “baby boy” anymore. And he is proving it to us by how active he is! That kid is definitely a Little Mover! He is keeping up with his sisters and love to play and follow them around the home. He is not yet walking, but he crawls, pulls himself up to standing position with support, and cruises around by taking steps while he is holding unto a table or chair.
While it gives me a free hand to get chores done, it also gives me more work. Because this kid gets into everything in and out of his path. Yep, he is finding the forbidden paths, too. Such as the wall around the fireplace, the girls climber stools in the bathroom, the nightlights plugged into the circuits, floor standing lamps, and everything else he is not supposed to get into. But it’s all good because it shows he is developing at the rate he is supposed to!
1. One of the things I recently did to protect his little legs as he crawls and cruises around is to add a shaggy rug to our hardwood floors in the living room. I am so much pleased with this new rug addition as I feel confident that he can safely crawl without dropping on the hardwood floors. Plus the hardwood floors tend to get cold during the Fall and winter. No fun for a crawling baby!
2. Another thing I do while he is moving around is to always make sure is wearing a good diaper. No, not a cheap leaky diaper I have to change every five minutes. But a diaper that will keep baby dry for a while with no leaks. Ask my husband, he knows I have always been a fan of great diapers and will go the extra mile to get the good ones. So when recently I was introduced to try the New Huggies Little Movers Diapers I was thrilled to try them out on my little one.
They come in cute kid design such as this Mickey Mouse ones. And so far, I have yet to have a leak. These diapers do provide an outstanding grip, fit, and wetness protection. As your baby begin to move about (crawl, walk, kick, etc), there would be no problems. Some of the other features of the New Huggies Little Movers Diapers are as follows:
• A DryTouch Liner that absorbs on contact
• Double Grip Strips for comfortable movement and a comfy fit that lasts
• Contoured Shape for freedom of movement
I have tried them on both during the day while our baby is playing and at night when he goes to sleep. They will last throughout the night and I have not have any type of leaks with them. Also, they don’t seem to get filled up quickly. I bought them from Walmart and I am really glad I did!
If you have little mover in your home, you may be inspired to give these Huggies diapers a try. You can even upload a photo or video of your moving baby on one of Huggies Social pages (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook), for a chance to be featured. Don’t forget to use the hastag #SetBabyFree
Do you have a little mover or movers in your home? What steps have you taken to help them as they move about? Have you tried the New Huggies Little Movers Diapers yet? I would love to know your thoughts in the comments.