Make these pretty and delicious Valentine’s Day heart-shaped pancakes for your kids breakfast.
Valentine’s day is around the corner and the kids are getting excited. I made these heart-shaped pancakes for them that I thought your kids might enjoy for a Valentines breakfast, too. They are super easy to make and look pretty. When I made these, the kids ate more pancakes than I’ve ever seen them eaten for breakfast. I think the “heart shapes” made a difference in how they ate. They really loved the little individual hearts on their plates. It was different than the usual round pancakes cut up into tiny square pieces, even though the heart ones still ended up being cut into pieces before they ate them. It’s so true that when food looks appealing, you’ll want to eat more. If you go to a restaurant and the food is really good but looks rather sloppy, you may not even want to try it. I’ve seen so many cute and creative food ideas for Valentines but I’m happy this easy idea appealed to the kids much.
Do your little ones eat pancakes? Make these heart-shaped pancakes for them to see if they would eat more just because the “heart shapes” made it more appealing to their little eyes.
Valentine’s Heart Pancakes
- Pancakes (as many as needed)
- Powdered Sugar for dusting (about 2 TBSP per 10 pancakes)
- Strawberries (or other red fruit for decorating)
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters
- Make your favorite pancakes. See one of my recipes for wholesome pancakes here.
- Using a heart cookie cutter, cut them into shapes. I used a couple different sizes for variation.
- Sprinkle a dusting of powdered sugar unto the pancakes. Cut out little of strawberries for eyes and mouth to add to the pancakes.
- Serve pancakes with an extra side of strawberries or other fruit. You can also add in some bananas for a red and “white” fruit bowl.
- Hope your little ones enjoy.
Note: We don’t usually do pancakes and hot-cocoa together (we do tea or orange juice) but I thought adding the hot cocoa for the photo would look pretty. We ended up drinking them after breakfast, though:)
Pin It Here
What’s one easy yet healthy breakfast you make for your kids on Valentine’s? Would love for you to share your creative ideas in the comments.