Make these Herb Labels from Popsicle Sticks to help you keep track of all the herbs you want to plant for the summer!! This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Have you ever planted herbs or any other plants in small pots and couldn’t tell “what was what” util they sprout up or unless you smelled them? It’s happened to me, too. Well, these DIY Popsicle Stick Herb Labels will keep this from happening. Place the correct label in each flower pot right when you plant them and now you won’t have to wonder what’s in the pots.
The kids helped me paint these sticks and we love how they turned out. Some of the letters were a tad too big for the sticks since that was the smallest size we could find. Overall, I think they worked out great!
DIY Popsicle Stick Herb Labels
What you need
- Colorful Popsicle sticks (or you can paint plain sticks)
- White Acrylic or craft paint
- Small Paint Brushes
- Small sticker letters (small enough to fit the sticks)
What to do
- Use the stickers to write names of the herbs in the middle of the Popsicle sticks (leave some room on both ends)
- Paint the Popsicle stick on the side where you wrote the names (cover the letters with paint too)
- Let the sticks dry.
- Remove the stickers.
- The names of the herbs will be revealed.
- Don’t worry about perfection – you might tell that ours are not perfect but we definitely can see all the herb names!
Note: You could use plain Popsicle sticks and whatever color you want to paint over the letters (depends on the colors you want the names of the herbs to show up in). The base paint and layering paint is a matter of choice. I used colored Popsicle sticks and white paint over them because we already had colorful Popsicle sticks on hand.
Photo Tutorial of Herb Labels
Step 1 – Use stickers to write the names of the herbs on the Popsicle sticks
Step 2 – Paint over words
Note: If you want the sticks to be colorful, then start with white paint first (or any other contrasting color) and overlay with a different color.
Step 3 & 4– Let them dry then remove the stickers
Step 5 – Use labels to label herbs
Now you wouldn’t have to wait until the herbs sprout up to smell them to tell them apart. If you are not used to the smell of these herbs, you wouldn’t have to try to figure out what is in which pot. The herb labels will help you with keep track of everything! You are welcome:)
Pin It Here
She looketh well to the ways of her ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27).