For our annual vacation this year, we took a trip to California. My hubby had been there once or twice before and had mentioned that he wanted to take the family there. So last year (2013), he began talking about going there for spring break this year (2014). We only went for a few days but it was an awesome getaway time for our family. In addition, it was during the time of my birthday. But the trip was not planned around my birthday, it just worked out with hubby’s work vacation time. We left Saturday evening of March 15 and returned on March 20, late at night. My birthday was the 16.
- We felt like we only visited the outskirts of the cities and missed out a whole lot of California. But it is a huge state so I guess one location at a time.
Here are some photos I have created from our trip. I edited them to explain some of the things we did. You will find that the kids are in most of the photos. That is because I take a lot of photos and now it seems like the kids are much more important to snap! Have fun looking!
- Saturday: Getting Ready to Go
Destination #1 – San Diego, CA
- The kiddos did well on the flight. In fact, they both stayed awake the entire time – and crashed on the way to the hotel around 1:00am. We got compliments from the flight passengers about how well they did:)
- Monday: morning
- One of our favorite places was this lovely beach area below
- Tuesday: Destination #2 – Ontario, CA
- Tuesday: afternoon
- Wednesday: Destination #3 – San Bernardino, CA
- Heading to Disney Land
- Disney Land
- A random photo
- Thursday: evening – heading back home
- Again, the kiddos did well on this flight, too. This time, the baby slept most of the way home. Our toddler kept herself entertained with her favorite movies and some snacks! We got more compliments from other flight passengers about how well they did:)
We hope you enjoyed our vacation photos with us! All in all, the trip was a great success; we enjoyed it very much although it was very short. It is now another favorite vacation spot of ours. Our toddler keeps talking about the trip and about “going back to the hotel”, even to this day! She said she is tired of home:) She really loved it!
What is your favorite vacation spot? Would love to hear about it in the comments!