Looking for some crafts to do with your little ones? This Popsicle Stick Dragonfly along with some other Stick and paper Bug and Insect crafts we’ve been doing are fun, easy and our kids loved making them. Check out our paper paper ladybug and our paper worms by clicking the links. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Easy Popsicle Stick Dragonfly Craft
Using Popsicle sticks to make the dragonfly is a very easy choice. Simply glue in place, add a couple eyes and it’s done. You go further and use the fuzzy sticks to add antennae but we chose not to do it for this craft.
Popsicle Stick Dragonfly
For the dragonfly
- 6 Colorful Popsicle Sticks
- Elmer’s Glue (Hot glue works faster)
- Craft eyes
- Chenille Sticks (optional, for antennae)
- You can always paint plain Popsicle sticks in the desired colors
- For the wings, put two Popsicle Sticks together on a flat surface
- Place another two Popsicle sticks on the opposite side of the first two
- Add hot glue (or Elmer’s glue) to both set of Popsicle Sticks where the middle meets
- Quickly place the last two sticks on the glue to make the body of the dragonfly
- Glue on the eyes and optional Chenille sticks.
- Let the glue dry.
- The dragonfly is ready for play.
Get the materials by clicking the links below (affiliate links).
The back of the dragon fly should look something like this next image. First, you put the two sticks laying together an then overlay them by gluing two wings on each side. Leave a small space between each wing so they can look spread out.
Pin It Here
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27).