Paper flowers for Spring is an easy craft you can do with the kids. They’re not only easy but fun, bright and colorful which appeals to smaller children. Our kids had fun making them. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
We all love to brighten up our homes with flowers during Spring time. Whether real or fake, flowers make spaces brighter. While I was deciding on Spring crafts to do with the kids, I thought that making flowers would be something fun. Follow the instructions below to make these easy paper flowers.
Paper Spring Flowers
What you need:
- Colorful Card stock paper
- Spring Flower Cookie cutters
- Glue Sticks or Elmer’s Liquid Glue
- A Glue gun, optional
- Round Dowel Rods (craft sticks)
- Optional: Sequins, buttons, glitter or other decorative items
- Draw shapes (big and small) on the Card Stock paper using the cookie cutters.
- Cut them out.
- Layer petals, if desired, and glue them with glue stick or Elmer’s liquid glue.
- Optional: Decorate petals with glitter, sequins, etc.
- Turn petals over to back.
- Use the hot glue gun or Elmer’s liquid glue to glue one end of the stick unto the back of the flowers.
- Use more glue to add leaves to the sticks.
- Let flowers dry fully.
- Once the flowers are done, you can display them in a flower pot.
The photos below will guide you through the steps
Draw shapes with cookie cutters
Cut out shapes
Trace leaves on green paper freestyle or use a shape cutter if you have one – cut them out
Get all the supplies together including the wooden wooden craft sticks
Overlay flowers by gluing a small round dot or small flower in the middle of a larger one
Optional: If using decorations, add them to the petals now
The kids had fun decorating their petals
A glue stick or liquid glue works perfectly for sticking the decorations
How beautiful are the kids creations
Use Elmer’s liquid glue or glue gun to add petals to the craft sticks. You can always do this before the decorations but I find it easier to add the little sequins etc. before adding the sticks. We left some of them with no decorations.
The flowers are complete once you’ve added decorations and added the petals and leaves to the sticks
If you enjoyed this post, please pin it here
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27)