I am so excited to talk about one of my favorite home decor stores! It is called At Home (formerly Garden Ridge). It was about a year and a half ago, during one of our regular weekend shopping trips, I discovered this store. We were out shopping during the Fall and I could not find what I wanted. Then my husband said to me that he knew of a new store that opened up in the area that I should probably go check out. How did he know about the store is beyond me. We live within 15 minutes of the store so maybe he saw it while driving through the area at one point in time. I have no idea. But of course, there was no way I would turn down a trip to a new home decor store. Especially if I was already in the area.
So we drove by and he dropped me off to pop in while he took the kids to the parking lot. I got to tell you, I was in “decor town” once I stepped foot in that door! The store was huge. The decor was plenty. The isles were long. There certainly was no running in and running out immediately. I took a few minutes to browse around and scope out the items. Well by now you should know how the story goes.
From that point on, At Home became one of my favorite places to shop for home decor. Here’s why.
- Known as the “Home Decor Superstore,” it is a one stop shop for anything home.
- They offer great quality products.
- The prices are very affordable.
- Over 400 new products are added to the stores each week.
- There are varying styles to suite everyone’s needs.
Whenever I start to think about purchasing decor for the home, At Home products usually come to mind. I truly love the idea of having such a huge variety of decorative products for home in just one store. I already have a growing collection of At Home products around the home. I am going to share 5 tips for shopping at At Home but first I want to give you a little tour of the store.
I recently made a special little trip to the store to take some photos to show you. We got there when the sun was setting but I was still able to capture some images for you. I should have done a video but it did not occur to me at the time. If you do not know about At Home, check out the photos so you can have a better idea about it.
Seriously, gobs and gobs of everything! As far as the eye can see. . . .
These are just a few of their selected rugs at the beginning of an isle. They have plenty both for indoors and outdoors.
Can we just talk throw pillow for a minute?! Seriously, look at the abundance of throw pillows in all those isles.
You can also see that they are arranged by color. Need some red pillows? Look no further. At Home stores has a zillion!
Even chic furniture selection. All kinds – that’s just one isle of furniture.
Down to the left side, you can get an idea of how much wall art they carry. And that is not even all of it. They tend to have various isles for each type of product.
Need some fun home accents? Check out one of their isles!
Not only do they have awesome products but the prices are very reasonable. I have so many random pieces in my home that I have collected from At Home stores. I love finding the clearance or Red Line isle. The red line means that the items are 50% off! My favorite isle, of course.
I wish I could show you more pictures but it will take a while to get lots. But hopefully, what you saw gave you some ideas about At Home.
Here is the thing though, because the store is huge and there are so many fabulous products, shopping can become overwhelming. If you have an At Home near you and would love to take a trip there, here are 5 tips to keep in mind:
- Tip #1: Plan out a couple hours or so just for the trip – No matter how hard I try to run in and run out just for a few minutes, I always end up staying longer than intended. Walking through one isle alone takes up quite some time. Sometimes when we go to the store, the kids may be asleep in the van. My husband will drop me off and go parking. But then, he always ends up bringing the kiddos inside because mama is taking too long and the kids have awakened. So plan out a couple hours where you can dedicate time to shopping at At Home. Bring someone with you if you need to, especially if you have little kids in tow. That is optional but I find it helpful to have my hubby with me to help with the kiddos.
- Tip #2: Have a priority list: It is wise to have a list of prioritized items before going in. Try to purchase these items first then look at other stuff later. Although this is easier said than done because of the wide selection of each type of product. But prioritizing will at least keep you from wandering, not knowing where to start.
- Tip #3: Go early: Like I mentioned above, the store is huge. So give yourself enough time to get there so you can have time to look around (see tip #1).
- Tip #4: Shop sales: The original prices are already so very reasonable but don’t neglect to shop sales and clearance. I love their RedLine sales. A red line through a price means that the item is half off (see Red Line image above).
- Tip #5: Have fun and don’t stress it: Shopping for home decor products should be fun. If you follow the first 4 tips then tip #5 would come in naturally.
Hopefully, these tips will make your shopping easier and give you a much better shopping experience with At Home.
So why am I telling you about this fabulous store? Well, it is not only my favorite place to shop for home decor products because of the quantity, quality, and price. But I recently landed an awesome opportunity with this fabulous brand. I am a new member of the At Home Inspiration Team. I get to showcase their awesome products on this site monthly and most importantly, show how you can create your unique and beautiful home with products from At Home. If you have noticed a blue “At Home Inspiration Team badge” on my sidebar, that is what it’s all about. Honestly, I am still amazed at the opportunity because it truly is one of my favorite stores. It is kind of like a dream come true or “dream job” type of feeling.
By the way, I was in no way compensated to write a post about At Home today. I simply thought it would be great to introduce you to them since I am now one of their brand ambassadors. I couldn’t be more excited! Did I mention how much I truly love this store? Getting to work with them is like icing on my cake. Really. I hope you would take a moment to stop by to see what I come up with.
Do you have an At Home store near you? I would love to know your experience with them. Do you have any other tips for simplifying your shopping with them. If you have not been there, check out the store locator to see if there is one near you.