Make a Construction Paper Ladybug with your little bug or Science lover or just make one with your little kid for a Spring Craft! This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience.
This craft is geared toward ages 3-6. Although, kids who are a little older than 6 would enjoy making them, too. Our 7 & 9 year old kids enjoyed making them.
Construction Paper Ladybugs
What you need:
- Red or orange construction paper
- Black construction paper
- Craft Eyes
- A Chenille Stem (Fuzzy Stick)
- Kid-friendly Craft glue (Elmer’s or a glue stick)
- Black Sharpie
What to do:
- For the body, cut red or orange construction paper into a round circle to the desired size
- For the face, cut out a smaller piece of black construction paper
- For the spots, cut out smaller circles the black construction paper
- Using the Sharpie, draw a line down the center of the body of the ladybug
- Add the black spots on either side of the body with glue.
- Glue the face to the under-size of the ladybug. Glue eyes unto the face.
- Cut out two same size pieces of Fuzzy Sticks to make the antennas. Glue them on the underside above the eyes.
- Cut out 4 pieces of Fuzzy Sticks to make the legs. Glue them on to the body (turn over the ladybug to glue them).
- Let the craft dry.
Pin It Here
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27).