These Mummy Cookies are easy to make, only needs two ingredients and will make a fun little Halloween treat for kids.
My First Ever Halloween Post and Snack Recipe Here
This is my first ever Halloween post on the blog. Can you believe it? I’ve been blogging for 10+ years and never ever shared a Halloween post or made a Halloween recipe. To be honest, I didn’t know what to think of it. And when the kids were younger we just focused on Fall foods in general. . . . and all the coziness we could think of, given that we lived in places like Chicago and PA where it’s cold. Of course, they do Trick-O-Treating and all the holiday stuff but I guess I just never thought of sharing Halloween here. But I realize it’s a big deal in the blogging world so I decided to hop in on the trend! So here I am, 10+ years later, sharing my first ever Halloween snack recipe. And. . . . I’ve made about 5 or more different recipes ideas to share with you!
Making Mummy Cookies
Making Mummy Cookies isn’t hard at all and you only need two basic ingredients, cookies and cany melts. Yep, that’s it. Although, if you’re like me, you may find that drizzling melted candy on a cookie isn’t as easy as it looks. So just throw out that perfection, Okay?! And have fun decorating and creating a fun little snack that the kids or the entire family could enjoy. Or you can even take them to a Halloween party if you’d like.
What Kind of Cookies Do You Need to Make Mummy Cookies
I’d say, choose a sandwich type of cookies. I guess it really doesn’t matter when it comes down to it because you can even drizzle the frosting over flat sugar cookie. Just use something that would work and that your kids or family already enjoy.
Wouldn’t Adding Cany Melts Over Cookies Make it Even Sweeter?
There’s always this question I wonder about candy melts on cookies. But adding the candy melts to these Mummy Cookies didn’t make them as overly sweet as I imagined. This is a one-time holiday treat and sometimes, you just make what you want to make:)
Watch it on YouTube
How to Make Mummy Cookies
- 1 Pack of Oreos
- White Candy Melts
- Edible Eyes
- Baking pan
- Pyrex Cup or heating bowl
- Line baking tray with parchment paper
- Using the Pyrex cup, melt candy according to the packaging instructions
- Note: I added about 2 teaspoons of Cooking Oil after melting to make the drizzle a little more runny (don’t add water, it will make it hard.
How to Decorate Mummy Cookies – Mine isn’t perfect. In fact, some of them look like frogs:)
- Dip an Oreo into the candy melt.
- Pour melted candy into a Ziplock bag, cut a tiny hole in the bag. Set that aside.
- Use a fork to make sure the Oreo is fully covered.
- Remove the cookie and place on Parchment paper in baking pan.
- Place two edible eyes on the dipped cookie.
- Let the cookie dry a little. Meanwhile, repeat the steps with some more Oreos.
- Take Ziplock bag and drizzle candy melts over the dipped cookies.
- Start with one and drizzle some over the eyes, then the rest of the cookie (leaving a space between the eyes).
- Finally, add a second layer of drizzle in a Criss-Cross fashion over the cookies. See my photo. Don’t worry about perfection:)
- Take one Oreo and add 2 dots of candy melts for two eyes.
- Place an edible eye in each spot.
- Use the Ziploc bag to drizzle candy melts around the rest of the Oreo, starting with over the eyes (see photo below).
- Drizzle more candy melt on top of that first layer, creating a Criss-cross design.
- Place Oreo on parchment paper in baking pan.
- Repeat the steps with a few more Oreos.
Refrigerate Mummy Cookies
Once done, place the pan of cookies in the fridge to harden up some more. Mummy cookies are now ready to serve.
You can serve these as is or place them on a snack tray with different snacks for your kiddos or family to enjoy. They may be a sweeter with the added candy melts but they are just so fun to make this time of year.
Have you tried making Mummy Cookies before? Aren’t they so fun to make?