Valentine’s Canvas Painting for Kids is such an easy paint idea. All you need is canvas, paint and a little “heart” imagination. Nothing to it. This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Canvas Painting for Kids
Canvas painting is such a fun & creative art activity for kids to express themselves. I love to have the kids do them seasonally. I had all my canvas and paint ready for a winter scene but we didn’t get around to it. But my kids do have these Valentine’s ones that I wanted to share with you.
Our Kids Masterpieces
Each kid put their own unique touch on their piece. Love the simplicity of childhood and how they painted these pictures.
What you need:
- Blank Canvases (we used 8×10 flat kind)
- Oil Paint (or use whatever craft paint you have)
- Paint Brushes
- Paint Pallets (or paper plates)
- A Pencil
- Disposable Cups half-filled with water
- Paper Towel
- Disposable Tablecloth (or old newspaper for covering the work area)
- Cover work area with tablecloth or newspaper
- Put one or two different shades of paint on pallet (according to kids choices)
- Draw “heart” shapes for kids on the canvases
- Let them paint their pieces, mixing paint as they wish
- They may use the water in the disposable cups to rinse their paint brushes
- Paper towel can be used to dry wet brushes or to wipe off any unwanted spilled paint
- Once done, let the paintings dry.
Pin This Post for Later
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness (Proverbs 31:27).