Devotional Bible Study Printable for Homemakers
Do you often feel like you are not growing as a believer in Christ like you once used to? It seems like everything is pulling you every which way, motherhood, job, school, cooking, cleaning, schedules, etc., and you can’t find a second to read your bible and pray? Other times, do find yourself making the time to read your bible but still find yourself lacking in some capacity? You feel like you just read but have no idea what you read much less to even begin to apply what you read?
If you have been experiencing such feelings I want to encourage you, you are not alone. I too find my self in this situation over and over again. It’s why I’ve created this devotional bible study printable to keep my spiritual thoughts together as I seek to grow in Christ. I thought it might be a help to you, too, if you are in the same situation.
Why A Devotional Study Printable?
Because it’s much easier to remember things when you can SEE them. I realize that writing things down really helps keep me on track. In the age of electronics, I find that I still love my pen and paper at times. I write down grocery, menu, to-do lists, schedules, and all kinds of homemaking planning. So I thought a devotional study will be a practical way to keep track of my thoughts and application from bible reading. I can write down the verse(s), the main points, the take-away and the the application. It’s easier to go back and look over what I’ve written and how I’d like to further my spiritual growth based upon the application.
Making Use of this Printable
Here’s how to use the printable study
- Select your passage to read (a verse, a passage, a chapter, a book of the bible).
- Main Points – What did you learn from what you read? What were the main points?
- Application – Write down how it could be applied to you to help your spiritual growth.
- Gratitude – Write down anything you are thankful for regarding the passage and how it applies to you and your family.
- Prayer Requests – Pray according to the Scriptures. What do you need help with according to what you read?
- Notes – This spot is for anything else you want to jot down.
You can download this free printable by signing up here. Hope it helps to aid your spiritual growth.
Other Practical Ways to Aid Your Spiritual Growth in Christ
- Make God the center of your life. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33
- Know what He promises in His Word. “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. 9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” Joshua 1:9
- Seek Him first in all you do. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Matthew 6:33)
- Commit your plans unto Him. Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established. (Proverbs 16:3
- Trust Him to direct you in your ways. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Give your worries to the Lord. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (Philippians 4:6)
- Ask him to help you because you (or anyone) cannot do anything done in your own strength. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:13)
I don’t always do all the things listed above. In fact, so many times I find myself anxious, worried and lacking trust in God. But when I do take time to seek God and to put Him first, I find so much more peace and contentment and clarity in what I do. It’s an indication that spiritual growth is taking place.
Pin It Here
What helps you focus more on God and helps you grow spiritually in Him? How do you keep track of what He says in His word. I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments. It’s a new year, let’s encourage each other to start off right.